Monday, September 9, 2013

Why I am Blogging

Many of my colleagues have asked WHY I am blogging.  I have shared that although this is part of a classroom assignment, I am trying something new to challenge myself.  By opening my mind, I am hoping that others in my building will be open to the possibilities of technology.  I may not be an expert blogger but I know this is true, a week, month, or year from now, I will be able to look back on this post and realize the growth that I have made.  I will certainly look back with a reflective eye and know that by challenging myself to something new, I have shown that I am capable of adapting and making the change education needs.  In the near future, I will invite my colleagues to share their thoughts and post comments on my blog.  Perhaps the blogging effect will become contagious and staff will trickle their enthusiasm onto the student body.  I have also shared with my peers that a blog like this takes up a mere 10 minutes of my day.  I am using it as a time to reflect on my teaching practices, passions, and lessons learned.  After a long day, it can prove challenging to get to this...it has proven to be a fast way to keep track of my thoughts though!

1 comment:

  1. You can already look back now and see the progress you have made, including now implementing blogging in your teaching.

    ReplyDelete