Monday, October 7, 2013

MORE Digital Storytelling!


After reluctantly embracing this process, I am pleased to say that I have completed another digital story. My grade level colleagues and I were planning a math lesson that integrated the book, Two of Everything, by Lily Toy Hong.  The problem was that we only had one copy for 3 classes to share. And then, it struck me!  I could create a digital story for my peers to project in their classrooms!   In addition to this, I have posted the story on my classroom website for students and parents to access at home.  The second time around was much easier than the first...I hope you enjoy this!

3 comments:

  1. Genius. Plus, your voice is perfect. Now, students don't just have your Read-Aloud from class, but can access it to hear over and over again. This could also be an excellent activity for students to practice reading aloud with inflection to interpret a story. You are getting to be really good a making digital stories. Hope you keep making them and consider other ways they fit into your curricular areas. Plus, if you post these videos in a blog, you could ask students to answer questions afterwards in their replies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this video of a student reading the book. You could show this to your students. Maybe some of the more theatrical ones will want to do their own Read-Alouds. Students also like writing their own plays and acting them out in video format, e.g., Reader's Theater. Here is the link to the student reading Two of Everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoYIJuIFLvQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for when you are short on copies of a book. This was great. You were so much fun to listen to. Awesome reading!

    ReplyDelete